How to apply
Thinking about applying for a room? Find out who can apply and how it works here.
Who can apply
New students who have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer of study at the University of the Highlands and Islands, as well as continuing students who have expressed an intention to return to the University, are eligible to apply for accommodation at student residences managed by Cityheart Living (Scotland) Limited on behalf of the University.
Applications from students who meet any of the following criteria will be considered a Priority Applicant for the purpose of allocating accommodation (in no particular order):
- Any applicant with a physical or mental impairment (as defined under the Equality Act 2010).
- Any applicant who is a care leaver.
- Any international applicant.
- Any applicant from the 20% most deprived areas as defined by Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) 2016. We will automatically check whether the post code you have provided qualifies you for this priority group. More information about the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation 2016 can be found here.
A number of rooms in each residence will be reserved for Priority Applicants, and will be allocated based on availability on a first come, first served basis.
How to apply
Applications for 2017/18 open on 21st February 2017. Applying for a room is easy:
1. Apply online
Applications are made online, right here. Once we receive your application, we will check your eligibility and get back to you within 5 working days.
2. Offer of accommodation
Once we have confirmed your eligibility to apply for accommodation with the University and that a room is available, a room offer will be made by email to the contact address provided on your application form.
3. Accepting your offer
Once a room offer has been made you must complete a Tenancy Agreement and agree to our Code of Conduct. You will need to print, sign and return the documents within 7 working days. On satisfactory receipt of all documents and the advanced rental payment your tenancy will be confirmed.
4. Confirm attendance (for conditional or returning students)
If you are a returning student or a new student with a conditional offer, you will be asked to confirm your attendance.
If there are no rooms available, you will be put on a waiting list and contacted as soon as a room becomes available.